A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth — to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance. The crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line. A dental crown is used to cover a damaged tooth in Cosmetic Dentistry. They are also used to whiten or reshape a tooth. In SDC, we provide two types of crowns.
Zirconia Crown is more commonly referred to as white metal, which has been accepted widely as the strongest tooth colored material.
- Durability and strong resistance to hard food particles
- Available in all tooth shades to increase aesthetics
- Natural look and feel
- Does not erode or rust
- No sensitivity while drinking cold or hot beverages
- Non- allergic
- Lesser trimming of tooth structure
- No black gum line present
Metal Ceramic Crown
Metal Ceramic Crown consist of a metal interior or base which is fused to porcelain crowns. The metal interior can be produced from a range of metals, e.g. alloy and this is what gives this crown its strength. However they only come in silver color.
- Tooth colored material
- Good durability
- Available in all tooth shades
- Metal Crown