Cosmetic dentistry is a method of professional oral care that focuses on improving the appearance of your mouth, teeth and smile. And although cosmetic dentistry procedures are usually elective, rather than essential, some cases of treatment also provide restorative benefits. The most common procedures used in cosmetic dentistry are fairly simple, whereas others are more complex and require specialized care. Technological advancements in natural-looking, tooth-colored dental materials make today’s cosmetic dental treatments more durable and predictable than in years past. This makes procedures such as smile makeovers more comfortable and convenient for patients, as well as helps to reduce recovery time.
- Bleaching – This is a common procedure under Cosmetic dentistry which refers to the restoration of a natural tooth shade or whitening beyond the natural shade. Techniques under this include bleaching strips, bleaching pens, gels and laser tooth whitening. Hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide along with laser, rubber or tissue dam is used in this process. Most common side effects during the process consist of sensitivity and irritation of gums, which tend to resolve once bleaching stopped.
- Veneer – A veneer is a plastic or porcelain coating bonded to the surface of a cosmetically imperfect tooth. The most natural looking and durable veneers are made from porcelain while the others are made from resin composite materials. Veneers are used to improve the appearance of the teeth rather than to repair the damage / decay. Duration for the veneers is estimated to be between 13 – 15 years.
- Gold Restoration – Over the years, gold restoration has become a subject of great interest to both dentists and patients. Gold alloy by itself has proved to be a viable material for tooth restoration. The attractive characteristic is its malleability, when properly cast and clinically placed it wears the same similarity to the tooth structure. We at SDC customize gold dental crown based on specific requirements
- Tooth Jewellery – Tooth jewellery has become a fashion statement, with its increased demand over the years. Since the procedure is really simple and takes only 10 – 15 minutes, it has become a hit especially among the youngsters. They can be removed any time or left at place for years without any damage to the tooth. At SDC we provide safe and great methods to beautify your teeth with the stones of your choice. The stones need not be pre-treated as it is bonded onto the teeth in the same way as an orthodontic bracket, thereby maintaining the health of the teeth.
- Immediate and effective results
- Restoration of the natural tooth color
- Time factor
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant and can be customized based on the shape, color and size
- Very high durability period
- Gold does not oxidize, break and provide lifetime guarantee
- Follow up with touch up treatments
- Brush / rinse mouth immediately after eating
- Floss daily to remove plaque
- Using whitening toothpaste once or twice a week to avoid surface stains
- Drink harsh beverages through straw
- If the jewellery is contaminated clean the stone with acrylic pellets in an alcohol bath, else visit your surgeon immediately